Your Announcement to the Family!

After 13 LONG weeks of keeping you a secret, we were finally able to announce you to the world (and the family). To say that everyone was shocked would be an understatement. And I don't even know how describe their excitement. You are going to be one lucky grandkid/neice/nephew :)

I made little "baby boxes" for different family members. I never took a picture of the final product (boo), but your little picture was in there, along with pink and blue m&m's that I personalized with "Baby B" and "June 2013". Your dad thought the m&m's were a bit much, but I think they were the perfect touch! Since we couldn't be with everyone to share the news in person, we shipped boxes to some family members, and we were able to face time with them as they opened the gift. We told your grandmother (she's waiting to see what you decide to call her instead of picking out her own grandma name), and I was so wrapped up in the moment, that I didn't take any pictures! But the rest of the pictures will make up for it.



I thought it would be so perfect to tell the ENTIRE family when we were all together during our annual white elephant gift exchange. JAT helped us pull this off, and it could not have gone more perfectly. We wrapped up your baby box like it was JAT's gift (he always gives a gag gift, so nobody thought anything of it). We managed to work things out so G&M were sitting together. Once they started opening the box, there was a message that said this gift was not from JAT, but actually from Courtney and Robby.

 They still don't get it...once they saw my name on it, they thought it was another wedding video (I mean, what would be so wrong with that anyway?!)
 
 And they finally get it...
 




 
Like I said, you are going to be so spoiled! Hardly anyone knew about you, and look at all of the Christmas gifts you receievd. Most of them were from Guncle JAT...Goodnight iPad (shocking), a Boo book (Boo is our neighbor and a famous dog out here) and a Facebook onesie, naturally. You also got some sweet stuffed animals from your Aunt Alison and Honey; and you had the softest blanket waiting for you in SF from Aunt Lindsi and Uncle Reid. Your dad and I gave you the Peter Rabbit book because I think they are so sweet...you will have every book in that collection :)

And we couldn't resist giving Grandpa Greg a little something from you...it was too perfect.
 
Welcome to the family Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment